Il Il Divo For Life
Il Divo

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

last year before going to

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Artikelen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-03-2019 04:21:18    Onderwerp: last year before going to Reageren met citaat

SOCHI, Russia -- Ukraine will compete in the Winter Paralympics in Sochi despite Russias military moves in Crimea. The Ukrainian Paralympic Committee decided against boycotting the games, announcing a few hours before Fridays opening ceremony that its athletes would stay. The decision came after discussions between Ukrainian officials and athletes over whether to pull out in light of the crisis back home and Russias military takeover of the Crimean peninsula. "We are staying at the Paralympics," Valeriy Sushkevich, president of the National Paralympic Committee of Ukraine, said at a news conference. However, he added that the circumstances were far from ideal. "I dont remember a situation when the organizing country during a Paralympics started an intervention on the territory of a country taking part," Sushkevich said, according to the R-Sport agency. "I dont know what to extent the team can focus on the result now." The Ukrainian official said the team would leave Sochi if there is any escalation of military conflict. "I declare should this happen we will leave the games," Sushkevich said. "We cannot possibly stay here in this case." He said he met with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday night to discuss the situation and request peace during the games. Suskevich said he did not receive any guarantees but it was important that Putin agreed to listen. Putin and IOC President Thomas Bach are expected to attend Fridays opening ceremony. Several countries have decided not to send political leaders or dignitaries to the ceremony in protest of Russias actions in Ukraine. Ukraines decision to compete in Sochi was welcomed by the International Paralympic Committee. "We want sport to prevail and a full complement of teams to compete in what we are confident will be a fantastic Paralympic Winter Games," IPC President Phillip Craven said. "All week the IPC has been working closely with the Ukrainian Paralympic Committee in an effort to keep them here in Sochi. The talking point of Sochi 2014 needs to be great sport and great athletes, not global politics." The IPC has appealed for Russia to recognize the U.N.s Olympic Truce, which asks warring parties to cease hostilities during the Olympics and Paralympics. About 575 athletes from 45 countries are due to compete in the 10-day Paralympics. Five sports are on the program -- alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, biathlon, sledge hockey and wheelchair curling. Ukraine has entered 23 athletes for the Sochi Paralympics. It finished fifth in the medals table at the Winter Paralympics in Vancouver in 2010, with a total of 19 medals and five gold. Ukrainian athletes chanted "peace to Ukraine" as they apparently walked out of a flag-raising ceremony in Sochi on Thursday night. That is now under investigation by the IPC as a possible breach of rules banning political protests. "What were trying to do is gather the evidence, gather the transcripts and then we will see if any steps are necessary," IPC spokesman Craig Spence said. "If there was a political protest, obviously wed be disappointed by that because we have said all week that this is about sport, not politics." Air Max 720 Free Shipping . - Steve Kerr of the Golden State Warriors will coach the Western Conference in the All-Star Game on Feb. Wholesale Air Max 720 Cheap .Brady threw a 69-yard touchdown pass to Julian Edelman midway through the fourth quarter, and New England beat the San Diego Chargers 23-14 for its eighth win in nine games. http://www.cheapairmax720.us/ .com) - A top-10 showdown is on tap in at the McKale Center on Saturday, as the 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats play host to the eighth-ranked Utah Utes in a key Pac-12 matchup. Wholesale Air Max 720 China . Luis Enrique signed the deal with club president Josep Bartomeu two days after it was announced by the club. That was two days after coach Gerardo Martino stepped down when Barcelona finished its first season without a major trophy in six years. Cheap Nike Air Max 720 China .com) - After Tom Brady added to an already illustrious legacy, Malcolm Butler established his by leaving the Seattle Seahawks, well, deflated. TORONTO -- Never in his 20 years as a general manager has Jim Popp seen a CFL draft like it. Five first-round trades were made Tuesday night as well as another involving an early second-round selection. The fireworks began 30 minutes before the start of the draft when the expansion Ottawa Redblacks dealt the first overall pick to the Calgary Stampeders, who kicked off the frenzied first round by taking Laval centre Pierre Lavertu, the consensus top selection. Popp even got in on the action, swapping the Montreal Alouettes fourth overall pick with Ottawa after it obtained the No. 5 selection from the B.C. Lions for disgruntled veteran quarterback Kevin Glenn. "It was crazy," Popp said. "We even got slowed down by the time it was our pick flipping with Ottawa because they (CFL) couldnt even confirm the deal that was done with B.C. in order for us to do the flip. "Its the most Ive ever been called during a first round or even during a draft to try and trade. It was wild." Toronto Argonauts GM Jim Barker, another CFL draft veteran, was stunned by the flurry of activity. "Ive never seen anything like it," he said. "Everyone was trying to manoeuvre because there werent as many top players." However, Popp said the overall depth of the draft pool prompted the feeding frenzy as teams scrambled to land the players they coveted. "There may not be as many clear-cut guys as someone thinks can start now but theres a lot of guys who can help teams," Popp said. "I told our guys beforehand this was going to be a bit of a crazy draft. "And Im not talking about the trades but just the different directions people were going to go because there wasnt a lot of real clear-cut guys that were going to go in the first round and you didnt know what everybody was going to do." In Lavertu, Calgary secured a player regarded as the most pro-ready prospect. That cost the Stampeders offensive lineman Jon Gott, a five-year CFL veteran who played previously for Redblacks offensive co-ordinator Mike Gibson in Alberta. Calgary also landed the rights to veteran centre Marwan Hage. He played 10 seasons with Hamilton before going to Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft, then retiring last month. The Redblacks will get a conditional pick if the Stampeders trade Hages rights. Calgarys selection of the six-foot-three, 300-pound Lavertu was surprising because starting centre Brett Jones was the CFLs top rookie last year after being a 2013 second-round pick. That could force Lavertu, of Quebec City, to play guard. "If they want to put me at right guard I am going to do it," he said. "Im going to go all out, do the best I can and play to my full potential and maybe have a starting spot." Lavertu, a three-time All-Canadian, watched the draft at a restaurant in Quebec City with family and friends and received a loud ovation when his name was called. "My mom cried but everybody was happy for me," he said. "It was a great moment. "I think Im pro ready for the CFL. Ive worked hard for this, Im physically ready and understand the game so I can learn the playbook really quick . . . I think I will be able to show my full potential." The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, as expected, selected Simon Fraser centre Matthias Goossen second overall. Like Lavertu, Goossen is regardeed as a pro-ready prospect and addresses a need with veteran Justin Sorensen signing this off-season with Edmonton as a free agent.dddddddddddd Toronto acquired the No. 3 spot from the Edmonton Eskimos, using it on versatile Manitoba running back Anthony Coombs. Not only is Coombs an effective runner but a solid receiver who could also be returning kicks. "It was important for us to make this trade and move up in the draft to get the guy we wanted," Barker said. "We needed to be proactive and go after him. "We believe hell fit very well into what we do on the field." Ottawa dealt its way back into the first round at No. 4, making versatile Montreal Carabins defensive back Antoine Pruneau its first-ever draft pick. Lions GM Wally Buono dealt for Glenn after trying unsuccessfully to move up. With incumbent Travis Lulay coming off shoulder surgery and backup Thomas DeMarco now with Ottawa, the 34-year-old Glenn is a reliable insurance policy. "Hes a proven winner wherever hes been," Buono said of Glenn. "Hes been a tremendous quarterback, hes a great locker-room guy. "We know automatically he will come in here and compete very well and make this a very good football team." Glenn guided Calgary to a Grey Cup berth in 2012 and a CFL-best 14-4 record last year before going to Ottawa in the expansion draft. But the Detroit native asked to be traded after the Redblacks signed veteran Henry Burris as a free agent. "To be honest I didnt know if anything would actually happen," Glenn said. "To give up a first-round draft pick shows a team really wants you. "Thats what I was kind of excited about." Montreal followed at No. 5 and selected David Foucault of the Montreal Carabins, a towering six-foot-seven, 320-pound offensive tackle. Foucault is attending the Carolina Panthers rookie mini-camp this week but hasnt signed an NFL deal. If Foucault reports, hell have a chance to start in Montreal with the off-season retirements of Scott Flory and Andrew Woodruff and Michael Ola signing with the NFLs Miami Dolphins. Edmonton, taking Torontos pick at No. 6, picked St. Francis Xavier receiver Devon Bailey, a physical six-foot-five, 202-pound player who competes effectively for the football. Calgary, with its second first-round pick, took Concordia defensive lineman Quinn Smith at No. 7. The six-foot-two, 305-pound Smith impressed at the CFL combine on both sides of the ball before testing positive for Stanozolol, a synthetic anabolic steroid. Fittingly, the round ended with a deal as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats acquired Saskatchewans No. 8 selection to go with their ninth overall pick. The Ticats took All-Canadian linebacker Bo Landry of the Western Mustangs, then selected Manitoba defensive lineman Evan Gill, the drafts sixth-ranked prospect. The defending Grey Cup champions made their first selection in the second round, 11th overall, taking Western defensive end Dylan Ainsworth. The Riders also sent the No. 17 pick to Winnipeg for its third-round picks (20th and 26th overall). McGill offensive tackle Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, the top-ranked draft prospect, was selected in the third round by Calgary. That wasnt surprising because the six-foot-five, 315-pound native of Mont-St-Hilaire, Que., went to Kansas City in the sixth round of the NFL draft Saturday. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Artikelen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: