Il Il Divo For Life
Il Divo

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

came in 1-6 with a 4

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Artikelen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-03-2019 04:12:03    Onderwerp: came in 1-6 with a 4 Reageren met citaat

KRASNAYA POLAYNA, Russia -- Brian McKeever and Chris Klebl made sure Canada finished the Sochi Paralympic Winter Games on a high note. The cross-country skiers both won their races on Sunday, with McKeever taking the mens visually impaired 10-kilometre event before Klebl surprised the field with a stunning victory in the mens 10-kilometre sitting category. McKeever picked up his third gold medal -- and the 10th of his career -- at these Games, while Klebl won his first-ever Paralympic medal. The victories pushed Canadas overall medal count to 16, three shy of the 19 won at the Vancouver Games four years ago. More importantly, they moved Canada to third in the gold-medal standings, a stated goal that team officials set prior to the Paralympics. Russia topped the standings with an eye-popping 80 medals -- including 30 gold -- while Ukraine was second with 25 total medals. Germany was second behind Russia in the gold-medal count with nine. McKeever finished Sundays race in a time of 23 minutes 18.1 seconds, just 8.1 seconds ahead of Russias Stanislav Chokhlaev. He employed the same strategy with his guides that helped him win the 20-kilometre gold medal last week. With windy conditions starting to wear on guide Erik Carleton, Graham Nishikawa entered the race with about three kilometres to go to help seal the 10th gold medal of McKeevers storied career. "It was all on the guides today. They did such a great job with all the headwind," said McKeever. "There was so much wind out there today that just to be tucked in, I saved a lot of energy. By the time we got to the last lap there was still a little bit of gas left, just enough to get by." The 42-year-old Klebl won in a time of 30 minutes 52.0 seconds. Ukraines Maksym Yarovyi finished second at 31:06.5 and Russias Grigory Murygin skied to the bronze at 31:18.2. "It feels pretty good for sure," said Klebl. "I have exceptional skis for wet, sloppy conditions and today we got exactly those conditions. It just feels good. We prepare for this over and over and over again to try and get things to line up, and today it did." A three-time Paralympian, Klebl moved to Canmore, Alta. to join the Canadian team from the United States following the Vancouver 2010 Games. Also Sunday, para-alpine sit-skier Josh Dueck was chosen as Canadas flag-bearer for the closing ceremony. The native of Kimberley, B.C., won gold in the super combined and silver in the downhill in Sochi. Cheap Nike Air Max 270 . Wheeler said Kane was just making a joke that was misunderstood and misinterpreted by "Winnipeg folks" and the media once again. Wheeler repeated that he believes Kane is a player who has the ability to help the Jets get to the next level as they try once again to reach the playoffs in 2014. He made the comments initially in an interview, when asked how the Jets could compete in the Central Division with teams that have made some high-profile off-season signings. Nike Air Max 270 Free Shipping . Canadas Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse will reunite at this weekends season-opening World Cup at Canada Olympic Park as they begin their buildup to the Winter Games in Sochi. http://www.cheapnikeairmax270.com/ . The post-season, Pierce said repeatedly, is no time to panic. And the Heat, apparently, are nothing to fear. Nike Air Max 270 For Sale . - Kyle Wood and Barclay Goodrow scored second period power-play goals to provide all of the scoring for the North Bay Battalion in a 2-0 victory over the Erie Otters in Ontario Hockey League action on Thursday. Nike Air Max 270 China .Y. -- Cory Schneider has to make the most of his opportunities to guard the New Jersey Devils net to earn more playing time.LOS ANGELES -- A.J. Ellis hasnt had many opportunities to drive in important runs for the Los Angeles Dodgers this season because of his two stints on the disabled list. But Ellis was in the batters box at the right time Saturday night. His bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the ninth inning lifted the Dodgers 1-0 victory over the San Diego Padres and increased his RBI total to seven. "Its great to be in those situations. Its something you always want to be a part of," Ellis said. "After the eighth inning, I looked up at the scoreboard. I saw where I was hitting and I said, You know, theres a chance something could happen in the ninth. "And I got in a position to be the guy who drives in the big run." Adrian Gonzalez greeted Kevin Quackenbush (1-2) with a leadoff double before Matt Kemp struck out and Andre Ethier was intentionally walked. Juan Uribe then worked out a seven-pitch walk that included two checked swings that were upheld on appeal by first base umpire Jim Wolf. Ellis then lifted a 1-2 pitch to right field after Padres manager Bud Black then employed a drawn-in five-man infield. "You cant even look at them," Ellis said. "One of the worst things you can do as a hitter is try to direct the ball. You just hit it where its pitched. In that situation, Im looking to get a ball in the outfield, anyway, so the infield is the least of my concerns. Im just looking for something up that I could hit to centre or right, and I was really happy to find a pitch up there." Kenley Jansen (1-3) pitched a scoreless ninth for the victory, striking out cleanup hitter Yasmani Grandal with runners at first and second. The Dodgers win, coupled with San Franciscos loss, put the Dodgers back in front of the Giants by a full game in the NL West. Left-hander Paul Maholm, coming out of the bullpen to make a spot start for the injured Josh Beckett, threw 64 pitches through the first six innings -- using just nine in the first, third, fourth and sixth. "Unfortunately for Josh, he had to miss a start and go on the DL, so I had to step in," Maholm said. "Ive made it known to the front office that I want to start, and thats my gig. But I signed up for this. So whenever the call, they call -- whether its one hitter or a couple of innings, I just want to pitch." It was Maholms 250th career start, his eighth this season and first since May 14 against the Marlins, when he was charged wwith 10 runs -- five earned -- over 3 2-3 innings in a 13-3 loss at Dodger Stadium.dddddddddddd The Padres only hits off him were singles in the fourth and seventh by Chase Headley, whose solo homer in Thursdays series opener ended Clayton Kershaws string of 41 consecutive scoreless innings. Maholm, who came in 1-6 with a 4.27 ERA in his eight previous career starts against San Diego, was lifted by manager Don Mattingly after Headleys leadoff hit. Brandon League finished the seventh after retiring Carlos Quentin on a double-play grounder to third with his second pitch. Ian Kennedy held the Dodgers to three hits over eight innings and struck out eight, after back-to-back victories over Cincinnati and Colorado. This was the third straight start in which he pitched at least six innings while allowing fewer than two earned runs, and the ninth overall under those circumstances. St. Louis Adam Wainwright leads the NL with 12 such outings. "Thats a really good lineup, but youve just got to navigate through it and execute pitches," Kennedy said. "Later on in the game, my curveball was better, sharper. It wasnt very good in the bullpen and I was bouncing it. But my fastball location was keeping me ahead of guys." Dodgers All-Star right fielder Yasiel Puig was ejected by umpire David Rackley after he took a called third strike to end the third inning. His only other ejection in the majors was on June 11, 2013 -- his ninth big league game -- after a bench-clearing incident that also involved Kennedy. NOTES: By virtue of Puigs ejection, Ethier and Kemp found themselves at the same positions they had for most of their careers before Puig came along. Ethier moved from centre to right, Kemp from left to centre, and Carl Crawford went in to play left. ... The Padres are taking advantage of the four-day All-Star break by optioning RHP Jesse Hahn (5-2, 2.21 ERA) to Triple-A El Paso after he pitched six innings of three-hit ball Friday night in his seventh big league start and beat the Dodgers 6-3. Manager Bud Black said the club will continue to keep a close eye on Hahns innings the rest of the season. ... INF Jace Peterson was recalled by the Padres to fill in for injured 1B Tommy Medica, who was removed from Thursdays game because of tightness in his groin and remains on the active roster. ... Kershaw shaved off his scraggly beard for Sunday nights trip to Minnesota and his fourth career All-Star game. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Artikelen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: