Il Il Divo For Life
Il Divo

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

with the insertion of

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Artikelen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 27-03-2019 04:06:46    Onderwerp: with the insertion of Reageren met citaat

TORONTO -- A concussion has denied Canadian lightweight T.J. Grant a shot at the UFC title for a second time. The 29-year-old from Cole Harbour, N.S., knocked out veteran Gray (The Bully) Maynard at UFC 160 in May to earn a title shot against Benson (Smooth) Henderson. But that opportunity went instead to former WEC champion Anthony (Showtime) Pettis when a concussion sustained in training sidelined the Canadian. Pettis made the most of his chance, submitting Henderson in August to win the 155-pound crown. The UFC said Grant would get first crack at Pettis, with a televised card Dec. 14 in Sacramento the likely stage. Grant, however, explained in a series of tweets that he is still injured. "Unfortunately I wont be fighting Pettis on Dec. 14," he said. "I am still not yet 100% (and) cant commit to fighting. UFC is going with someone else instead. It sucks but it is the best for both myself and the UFC. Please dont worry. Ill be back and if I gotta fight someone else to get back to where I wanna be then thats whats Im gonna do. Im not bitter." Added Grant: "I accept bad things when I step into (the) cage. But long term health is .1." Josh Thomson (20-5) is the lucky replacement this time. Thomson, ranked fifth among lightweight contenders, will take on Pettis in the main event at Sleep Train Arena. Grant (21-5) is 5-0 since dropping down to lightweight. He is currently the No. 3 contenders behind former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez and No. 1 Henderson. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . Louis against the Blues. The Canucks picked up their second straight victory in the swings opener on Tuesday in Calgary before getting routed in Minnesota last night, 5-1. Chap Baseball Jerseys . New Zealand brushed aside England 26-7 to win the event and reclaim top spot in the overall standings. The All Blacks, the defending World Series champions, won their third tournament this season in style, running four tries past England to claim their 11th Cup championship in Hong Kong and first since 2011. http://www.cheapjerseysbaseball.com/ . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday. Cheap MLB Jerseys China . -- Craig Anderson has quite a record against his former team, the Florida Panthers. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said.ST. LOUIS - Jon Jay will undergo left wrist surgery later this week, the lone major medical issue facing the St. Louis Cardinals coming off a fourth straight NL Championship Series.MRI exams on Adam Wainwrights sore elbow and Michael Wachas shoulder both came back clean, and the team anticipates theyll be 100 per cent for spring training. Those two and six-time All-Star catcher Yadier Molina, who missed seven weeks with a torn thumb ligament and had his post-season cut short by an oblique injury, are expected to benefit most from rest.General manager John Mozeliak said Monday that Wainwright felt great in his last start. Of Wacha, the GM said even the doctors were a little surprised how well he looked.The front office believes the Cardinals can contend for a fifth straight deep October run next year without making significant upgrades. The rotation is deep with or without lefty Jaime Garcia, an unknown quantity after undergoing tricky thoracic outlet surgery, and the lineup with emerging Kolten Wong and Matt Adams figures to be more consistent.Jays procedure appears routine with a recovery period of 6-8 weeks. The elbow began bothering Jay in late July but he finished strong by cutting down on batting practice cuts.Needless to say, the results were fabulous, Mozeliak said.Jay also had his strongest season defensively and heads to spring training as the starter. Last season, he had to wrest the job from newcomer Peter Bourjos.Right field is up for grabs between rookies Randal Grichuk, who emerged down the stretch, and Oscar Taveras, their perennial top prospect. The team wasnt pleased with Taveras conditioning and lackadaisical defence and are sending himm to the teams spring complex in Jupiter, Florida, to train for a month and then to winter ball in the Dominican Republic.ddddddddddddI think he can be a star, manager Mike Matheny said. Hes never been pushed and never naturally had that passion.Mozeliak pointed out Taveras got a lot of starting time when he was first called up, but didnt do enough to keep the job.Oscar got every opportunity, the GM said. And guess what, he didnt perform.Setup man Pat Neshek and former closer Jason Motte are among five players due for free agency, along with pitcher Justin Masterson, backup catcher A.J. Pierzynski and second baseman Mark Ellis.Matheny was unwavering in his support of closer Trevor Rosenthal, who had control issues in his first full season in that role. Mozeliak, too, although he noted: He certainly gave me an ulcer.Matheny said his confidence in his players has been interpreted as blind faith, and added, Im not going to deny that. They lived up to that faith, overcoming injuries to Molina, Garcia, Allen Craig and Kevin Siegrist to repeat as NL Central champions, then beat the Dodgers in the division series.The manager was criticized for game management decisions that backfired in the post-season, with the insertion of Wacha in the ninth inning of Game 5 at the top of the list. He didnt seem to mind too much after the fact. He said would call for Wacha out of the bullpen again even though hed been idle throughout the post-season.I really liked Michael in that situation, Matheny said. I was quick to point out I put him in a tough spot.Matheny anticipated no coaching changes. Bench coach Mike Aldrete has been mentioned for various openings. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Artikelen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: