Il Il Divo For Life
Il Divo

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

game late in the third

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-03-2019 03:32:46    Onderwerp: game late in the third Reageren met citaat

PHOENIX -- Morgan Pressel had a befitting start at Wildfire Golf Club. She was 6 under after six holes, then 9 under through 11. Golfs magic number of 59 -- accomplished only on the LPGA Tour by Annika Sorenstam in 2001 at nearby Moon Valley -- was in range and word spread quickly Thursday at the JTBC Founders Cup. "Wow. Go Morgan," friend Natalie Gulbis tweeted. "I dont know if I was necessarily thinking 59, but I probably just got a little bit excited, because I had never been that many under par in that short of a span," Pressel said. "I just got a little bit quick and came back to earth." She did, bogeying the next two holes and closing with five pars for a 7-under 65 that left her a stroke behind first-round leader Mirim Lee. After birdieing Nos. 1 and 2 -- her 10th and 11th holes -- to reach 9 under, Pressel pulled her drive left on the par-4 third. Her ball lodged at the base of a short bush, with the bulk of the branches between the right-hander and the ball. There were burrowing animal holes near the ball, but they didnt interfere with a possible swing or stance. "I could have hit it left-handed and there were a couple of burrowing animal holes around," Pressel said. "I brought them (rules officials) over to ask, but I didnt honestly think that I was going to get relief and I dont think that I deserved it." Pressel took an unplayable lie and missed the green to the right, chipped to 7 feet and made the putt to save bogey. She also dropped a stroke on the par-3 fourth, missing a 15-footer after hitting another iron to the right. "It wasnt the finish that I would have hoped for, but it gives me a little bit of confidence knowing how many birdies I can make and Im capable of," she said. Pressel birdied the first four holes and made a 50-footer for eagle on the par-5 15th. She also birdied the par-3 17th and made the turn in 7-under 29. "I dont know that Ive ever gotten off to that hot of a start," Pressel said. A tour regular since she was 17, the 25-year-old Pressel won the 2007 Kraft Nabisco to become the youngest womens major champion. She also won the 2008 Kapalua LPGA. "I definitely feel like I have the ability to win again," Pressel said. Lee also started on No. 10 and nearly matched Pressels start, playing her opening nine in 6-under 30. She had three birdies and a bogey on the front side for a 64. "Everything was good," said Lee, making her third LPGA Tour start. Defending champion Stacy Lewis, top-ranked Inbee Park and Michelle Wie were two strokes back at 66 along with 2011 winner Karrie Webb, Eun-Hee Ji, Catriona Matthew, Gerina Piller and Pernilla Lindberg. "A lot of tee shots set up well for me," Lewis said. "They fit my eye." Coming off a victory two weeks ago in China in a Ladies European Tour event, Park birdied the final three holes. She closed with a tap-in birdie on the par-4 ninth after nearly holing a full pitching wedge. "It was a very solid round," Park said. "Very good irons." Wie eagled the par-5 fifth. "I hit 3-wood, 5-iron over the green and then chipped in," Wie said. Sixteen-year-old Lydia Ko had a 67. Playing alongside Park, Ko closed with a bogey after driving left into the desert. "I forgot to bring my food and my protein bars," Ko said. "Thats my excuse." DIVOTS: Paula Creamer, a playoff winner three weeks ago in Singapore in the last LPGA Tour event, shot 70. She had a double bogey on the par-4 eighth, her 17th hole. ... Cheyenne Woods, Tiger Woods niece, had a 71. The Phoenix player won the LETs Australian Ladies Masters last month. ... The Semper Fi Fund said The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation will match Cristie Kerrs tour earnings this year to help injured and critically ill service members and their families. She shot 73. ... The scoring average was 70.863. The Arnold Palmer-designed front nine played to an average of 35.917 and the Nick Faldo-designed back nine to an average of 34.946. Discount Ecco Shoes . -- With Tony Allen back, the Memphis Grizzlies were able to turn up their defence pressure and hold off the Los Angeles Clippers down the stretch. Cheap Ecco Shoes Online . "Youre not really spending time to sit back and analyze what your competitions doing and things like that," Anthopoulos said. "Youre so focused on what were trying to get done." Ultimately, while the landscape around them changed with trades both major and minor, the Blue Jays did nothing before Thursdays non-waiver deadline. http://www.saleeccocanada.com/ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Ecco Sale Canada . These days, just about anyone can get a taste of the friendship that has blossomed between All-Star Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City Thunder teammate James Harden, most famous in the past two weeks or so for the elbow to the head he took from the Los Angeles Lakers Metta World Peace. Wholesale Ecco Shoes . -- So much for concern that running back Marshawn Lynch would be absent from the Seattle Seahawks minicamp.(SportsNetwork.com) - Despite an extended break between games, the New Jersey Devils will still be shorthanded when they head out west on Wednesday to battle the Los Angeles Kings. The Devils begin a three-game swing through California as they visit Anaheim on Friday before a clash with San Jose the following Monday. However, theyll be minus a pair of skaters for their trip to Los Angeles as neither Jaromir Jagr or Tuomo Ruutu traveled with the team due to illness. Jagr is New Jerseys leading scorer with 25 points in 43 games, having posted nine goals with 16 assists, and has missed just one game this season. Ruutu has five goals and three assists in 43 games. The Devils are in action for the first time since Fridays 3-2 overtime loss at home to the New York Islanders. John Tavares tied the game late in the third period for the visitors and then won it in the extra session on an impressive sequence. Tavares lifted the stick of Devils defenseman Adam Larsson below the goal line to acquire the puck, moved in on net and finished the play with a wrister past the blocker of Keith Kinkaid for the win. Travis Zajac and Scott Gomez lit the lamp for the Devils, who have lost 12 of their past 16 games. Kinkaid turned aside 28 shots in defeat. I gotta find a way in the third period to keep them off the board, Kinkaid said. Cory Schneider will get the call at the start of this road trip and is a solid 3-1-0 in his career versus the Kings with a 1.00 goalls against average and .dddddddddddd.962 save percentage. That span includes one shutout. The Kings, meanwhile, are looking to get on a roll after losing the first three contests of a seven-game homestand (0-1-2) prior to Mondays 2-0 blanking of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Martin Jones made his first start in net since Dec. 12 and halted 19 shots for his third shutout of the season and seventh of his career. He reached that mark in just 29 career games, surpassing Steve Mason (32 games in 2008-09) as the fastest goaltender in the modern era (1967-6Cool to record seven shutouts, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. We did a good job of checking a pretty high octane offensive team, Jones said following his first start since Dec. 12. Anze Kopitar had a goal and an assist, picking up the winning goal just 37 seconds in on a shot that hit off the in-goal camera and out. Play carried on for about a minute until a stoppage, with the officials finally awarding Kopitar a goal following a review. Marian Gaborik had an empty-net goal to give him 10 goals and 15 points in his past 12 games, while Kopitar has amassed four goals and 16 helpers in his past 12. Jeff Carter assisted on both goals. Despite Jones success on Monday, Jonathan Quick is likely to start tonight and he is 3-1-1 lifetime versus the Devils with a 1.97 GAA and .937 save percentage. Still, New Jersey has won three of the past four meetings overall and two straight in L.A. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: