Il Il Divo For Life
Il Divo

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

the great offence of

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
shushu

BerichtGeplaatst: 12-03-2019 02:44:06    Onderwerp: the great offence of Reageren met citaat

When it comes to the most important position on the field, the Toronto Argonauts are in a very good place. Future Hall of Famer Ricky Ray is in his prime and back for a third season in double blue. The 34-year old was magnificent in 2013, throwing for just under 2,900 yards despite missing eight games, tossing an impressive 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, completing 66 per cent of his passes in the process. He will be the starter, but the backup job is open. Zach Collaros won that battle with Trevor Harris a year ago, getting the call when Ray was injured on two separate occasions. Among the highlights for Collaros was leading the team to four consecutive road wins in as many weeks, something that had never been done before in CFL history. Collaros signed a free-agent deal in Hamilton, so the chance to claim the shotgun seat next to Ray is there for the taking. There are four pivots looking to claim that spot, although Harris may have the best chance of claiming the role. During training camp a year ago, the Argo brain trust could not decide on who should be the number two man to Ray. Collaros and Harris both showed promise, knew the playbook inside and out and had the respect of their teammates. Collaros won the job in 2013, this year head coach Scott Milanovich says its Harris job; at least for now. "Right now Trevor is going to get that first shot," said the coach. "But hes by no means number two. Hes been here for two years and hes earned the right, hes played well when hes played, so hes going to get the first shot there, but hes going to still have to earn it."Harris didnt see much game action last year, but did show potential when he got on the field. What does he have to do to guarantee hell be first off the bench if Ray cant play?"Just the same things hes been doing really," continued Milanovich. "I went back and watched him just a few weeks ago, all his plays, and what Trevor does is hes efficient with the ball, he knows the offence, he takes whats there, he moves better in the pocket than you think he does, and hes a little bit in the mould of Ricky." Excuse me? "Im not going to anoint him Ricky Ray," the coach clarified, "but hes in that mould, thats how he kinda plays the game. Im anxious to see him get a bunch of reps and see if he can take himself to the next level."Harris is also ready to show what he can do. The soon to be 28-year old is a product of Edinboro University in Pennsylvania, where he set every school passing record. He worked hard on getting stronger in the off season. He put on about a dozen pounds and now tips the scale at 220. Mentally, hes same uber-prepared pivot."My mindset hasnt changed since the day I walked in," said Harris. "You prepare to be the starter, they put you where they feel you are (on the depth chart) and if youre told youre not good enough to make it, then so be it." So how did he try to improve himself in the off season? "Just sharpening as a whole," Harris continued. "You watch Ricky and every day hes working on his strengths and hes working harder on his weaknesses. Thats just what you have to do, you just have to continue to get better in all facets. I was trying my butt off all off season to improve my strength. I want to be able to take more hits if I need to do so, I want to work on my touch, my accuracy and my route throwing." Also in the mix to be the backup are returning players Mitchell Gale and Josh Portis, along with newcomer Casey Pachall out of TCU, a player many thought would be selected in the NFL draft. Pachall - pronounced pa-HALL - is up against stiff competition, a game with new rules, a new field, new terminology, and oh yeah, a potential work stoppage. Thats something he doesnt think will be a problem, despite any missed practices or exhibition games giving him less time to impress his potential new bosses. "I dont think its going to affect anybody around here," said the strong-armed Texan. "Of course if it did happen, we would miss a few days of learning, but thats on us to learn ourselves and each of us has to stay in their playbook and do what were asked in order to learn this offence and help this team in any way possible. How many QBs will break camp? Last year the Argos carried five, fearing that they would lose Collaros and Harris to free agency and/or the Ottawa Redblacks expansion draft. Theres no expansion draft next year, so General Manager Jim Barker doesnt have to keep as many bodies around. How many will the Argos keep? "Probably four," Barker told TSN.ca "The plan we have with Ricky is to have a battle to be two and three (on the depth chart) and the fourth guy wed like to develop. Theres four of them here who have been here, so one of those guys wont be unless the new guy (cant get the job done)." "If its close you obviously look at the guy who hasnt been here as long," continued the GM. "The guys who have been here before should be ahead." To surmise; Ray is the obvious starting quarterback. Harris is the man to beat as the backup, while Gale and Portis will each have to outperform Pachall, or one of them will be the odd man out. That leads to a lot of competition for a team without a controversy at the position. Authentic Phillip Lindsay Jersey . The Goldeyes (10-7) lost 4-1 to the Saltdogs (8-9) Sunday afternoon before 5,834 sizzling fans at Shaw Park. The loss drops Winnipegs record to 3-4 during this past weeks seven-game homestand. Authentic Andy Janovich Jersey . -- Jay Haas and Peter Jacobsen took the second-round lead Saturday in the Champions Tours Legends of Golf, teaming for a 6-under 48 in windy conditions on the par-3 Top of the Rock course. http://www.cheapbroncosjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-chris-harris-jr-jersey . - Whether its because of her improved play or the reason for it, Michelle Wie appears as comfortable on and off the golf course as at any time in her career. Authentic Shane Ray Jersey . Jannero Pargo scored 14 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter to help the Charlotte Bobcats erase a 21-point deficit and rally for an 83-76 preseason victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday night. Authentic Josey Jewell Jersey . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins (5) – He was locked in all night, made huge stops on Benoit Pouliot, Raphael Diaz, Ryan Mcdonagh, Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash (twice) but none better than the three saves on Mats Zuccarello.OKLAHOMA CITY - For the first time, the Oklahoma City Thunder will be forced to play without Kevin Durant for more than a handful of games.The team announced Sunday that the leagues reigning MVP would be out for an undetermined length of time with a fracture in his right foot, at the base of the small toe. Typically, the injury requires surgery and six to eight weeks of healing.The Thunder havent officially determined whats next, although general manager Sam Presti said surgery would be likely.The Thunder will play without Durant on Tuesday night in a preseason game against Memphis.No ones feeling sorry for us, Oklahoma City coach Scott Brooks said. I can honestly say I did not receive any text messages from coaches around the league looking to postpone the season.Opponents have seen more than enough of Durant. Since he entered the league in 2007, he leads the league in points and minutes played. He has missed just 16 regular season games in his seven-year career and has never missed more than eight games in a season.His longest absence was a seven-game stretch during the 2008-09 season because of a sprained right ankle. He missed one game last season, one game the season before, played in all 82 games during the 2009-10 season and all 66 games during the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season.When you look at Kevin, you see all the great offence of abilities and leadership qualities, but you never really think about the toughness, for him to be able to play all those years and play just about every game at a high level, and he continues to get back up, Brooks said.Point guard Russell Westbrook, who has missed significant time the past two years with a knee injury, admires how durable Durant has been over the years.Very, very impressive, Westbrook said. Hes probably one of the hardest working guys Ive seen. He comes in every day and does what hes supposed to do. He doesnt take days off in practice. He tries to compete every day.dddddddddddd Its definitely unfortunate, but hes a strong guy mentally and physically, and hell get back to his better form.Brooks said Durant is struggling with the idea of missing games, even though its the preseason.Hes about as good as anybody can possibly be, Brooks said. One of the things I love about Kevin is he loves to play. He loves the game of basketball. Hes very passionate about it. Its not a hobby for him.Durant felt discomfort in the foot on Saturday and told the Thunder staff, leading to the diagnosis. Brooks said the injury could have been much worse if Durant had waited to get help.This is a minor, minor setback in the big scope of things, Brooks said. Hes going to come back in no time, and like I said, our goal is to be a better team when he gets back from where we are today without him.The injury puts more of the focus on Westbrook, an explosive scoring point guard who averaged 26.7 points, 7.3 rebounds and 8.1 assists during last years playoffs. This season on media day, Brooks called Westbrook the best point guard in the NBA.Westbrook said his role wont change.Its not about me, its about our team, he said. I cant win games by myself. I cant do anything by myself, so I kind of want to take the attention off of me and put it on more of the team. Everybody keeps asking what Im going to do and how Im going to change. I think its more about our team, and what we can do to get better.Westbrook said while he fought through injuries, he learned a lot from the way Durant stepped his game up. With Westbrook sidelined after Christmas until the All-Star break last season, Durant took control of the MVP race by averaging 35 points, 7.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists while leading the Thunder to a 19-7 record.He did what he needed to do to help us win games, Westbrook said. He continued to have confidence in his teammates.___Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CliffBruntAP ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Il Divo For Life -> Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: